What is this spec?
This is a fork from https://github.com/imeyer/ruby-1.9.2-rpm.
How to install
yum install -y rpm-build rpmdevtools rpmdev-setuptree cd ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES wget http://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ruby-1.9.3-p0.tar.gz cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS curl https://raw.github.com/rilindo/ruby-1.9.3-rpm/master/ruby19.spec > ruby19.spec rpmbuild -bb ruby19.spec rpm -Uvh ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ruby-1.9.3p0-1.ruby-1.9.3p90-1.i386.rpm
What it does
- Overwrites/upgrades your currently installed ruby package (DANGEROUS)
What it does not do
- Split packages into ruby-libs, ruby-devel, etc (looking for help here)
- Install alongside Ruby 1.8.x
Tested working (as sane as I could test for) on:
- CentOS 6.1 x86_64
- CentOS 6.2 i686
- CentOS 5.7 x86_64
This should on RHEL, though. Let me know if it doesn't.
- Working off from https://github.com/imeyer/ruby-1.9.2-rpm. Usual disclaimers apply.
- If you need YAML support, you will need to have libyaml installed. If you like to build your own, you can use my spec at https://github.com/rilindo/rpms/tree/master/specs/libyaml. In the future, I'll add that as a requirement.
- libffi also needs to be installed if you need Ruby-FFI. I will add that is a require in a future update.