Ansible is a radically simple configuration-management, deployment, task-execution, and multinode orchestration framework.
Read all about at it at (http://ansible.github.com)
- Dead simple setup
- Super fast & parallel by default
- No server or client daemons; use existing SSHd
- No additional software required on client boxes
- Modules can be written in ANY language
- Awesome API for creating very powerful distributed scripts
- Be usable as non-root
- The easiest config management system to use, ever.
- ansible-project mailing list
- irc.freenode.net: #ansible
- The master branch corresponds to release 0.3 "Baluchitherium".
- Bug fixes WILL be periodically made to the master branch.
- The devel branch corresponds to release 0.4 "Unchained".
- Note: sudo support works much better in 0.4/devel, consider trying it.
- See CHANGELOG.md for release notes to track each release.
Contributions to the core and modules are greatly welcome.
- Required Process:
- Submit github pull requests to the "ansible/devel" branch for features
- Fixes for bugs may be submitted to "ansible/master"
- Make sure "make tests" passes before submitting any requests.
- Bonus points:
- Joining the mailing list
- Using squash merges
- Updating the "rst/*" files in the docs project and "docs/" manpage content
- Adding more unit tests
- Sending patches to the mailing list directly.
- Sending feature pull requests to the 'master' branch instead of the devel branch
- Sending pull requests to mpdehaan's personal ansible fork.
Michael DeHaan -- firstname.lastname@example.org