Libxmlmm is a C++ wrapper for libxml 2.0 that only relies on standard C++ and libxml2.
To build libxmlmm libxml2 is needed. The latest version of libxml2 can be found at http://xmlsoft.org/. There the dependency iconv can also be found.
For the unit tests UnitTest++ is required. The latest version can be found at http://unittest-cpp.sourceforge.net/. (The active development moved to http://code.google.com/p/unittestpp/, but there seems not to be much activity.)
Building with Make
To install the library you use the traditional "GNU tipple jump":
./configure make make install
Building with CodeLite
The windows version is actively developed with CodeLite. To build the package you will have to set the environment variables ICONV_DIR, LIBXML2_DIR and UNIT_TEST_DIR to the corresponding dependencies.
Building With Visual Studio
Although Visual Studio is useful for many, this package is not developed with Visual Studio. As a result keeping the Visual Studio build files up to date is problematic, especially since Microsoft adds incompatible file formats every 3 years. Patches of up to date Visual Studio build configurations are welcome.
The sources should be buildable with MSC from version 8 (VS 2005) to version 10 (VS 2010). Just create a native dynamic library project with all files from src and include/libxmlmm. You can build the unit tests by creating a native win32 executable and add all files from test. You will need a copy of UnitTest++.
- When building with MinGW it is imperitive to use a version above 4.4 and the same exception model. If the exception model is different any exception that tries to propagate over a DLL boundary will cause a process abort.
Some simple introductory documentation can be found in the docs folder.
libxmlmm uses extensivly api documentation that can be extracted with doxygen.
You can find good resources on the official github page: http://github.com/rioki/libxmlmm.
- Cleans up some code.
- Adds build support with CodeLite and MinGW32 (gcc 4.5.2).
- Drops active Visual Studio support.
- Adds API documentation with doxygen on Windows platform.
- Limits used of dllexport to MSC. (YAY, gcc auto export...)
- Visual Studio 2008 support.
- Improved error message in Element::get_attribute.
- Fixed crash in Node::query_number.
- Adapted build system to build a windows DLL.
- XPath expression for simple types (query_string, query_number).
- Access to nodes and with the help of XPath expression.
- Specialisation for elements to XPath nodes queries.
- Wrappers for all basic node types.
- Load and save of documents.
- Basic access API for node types.
Copyright (c) 2008-2012 Sean Farrell
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.