Yet another HTML5 placeholder shim plugin.
There are a ton of plugins trying to emulate HTML5's placeholder attribute. This is yet another one.
- Does not delete a field's content when focused.
- No messy CSS tricks required.
See this fiddle.
- Doesn't use the placeholder attribute/syntax, but rather uses the value attribute.
- Two known bugs:
- 1. In IE, selecting the default text will be weird
- 2. In all browsers except Firefox, tabbing into the default text will cause a flickering effect.
<input name='email' value='Email Address'>