Library Management System
Provide a user friendly system to track and manage books and their associated information in a library.
Throughout the project the focus has been on presenting information in an easy and intelligible manner. The project is very useful for tracking books in library.
- Different logins for students and admins.
- Admin can access the following features:
- Add and update books.
- Generate barcode for books.
- Issue and return books.
- Calculate and collect fine.
- Users can access the following features:
- Search for books and see their availability.
- See list of books borrowed and get notified of their due date.
- View their profile.
- Find out fine to be paid
Download and extract the project repository. Install all the software requirements.
To import the library database open mysql and use command
$ mysql -u username -p database_name < library.sql
After importing database create a user “developer” identified by password “password” and grant all permission on library database.
> CREATE USER ‘developer’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON library.* To ‘developer’@’localhost’;
Install all the packages using command
$ npm install
Now everything is set and you are ready to go. Run node server by
$ node server/app.js
These features are yet to be implemented
- Password encription.
- Generate library card for students.
- Locate books in library.