A VERY simple Magento environment provisioner for Vagrant.
- Creates a running Magento development environment with a few simple commands.
- Runs on Ubuntu (Trusty 14.04 64 Bit) \w PHP 5.5, MySQL 5.5, Apache 2.2
- Uses Magento CE 220.127.116.11
- Automatically runs Magento's installer and creates CMS admin account.
- Optionally installs Magento Sample Store Inventory
- Automatically runs n98-magerun installer.
- Perfect for rapid development or extension testing with an unopionionated, bare-bones and easily tweaked configuration.
- Goes from naught-to-Magento in a couple of minutes.
- Install VirtualBox
- Install Vagrant
- Clone or download this repository to the root of your project directory
git clone https://github.com/r-baker/simple-magento-vagrant.git
- In your project directory, run
The first time you run this, Vagrant will download the bare Ubuntu box image. This can take a little while as the image is a few-hundred Mb. This is only performed once.
Vagrant will configure the base system before downloading Magento and running the installer.
- In your browser, head to
- Magento CMS is accessed at
- Access the virtual machine directly using
- When you're done
Sample data is automatically downloaded and installed by default. However, it's a reasonably large file and can take a while to download.
"I don't want sample data"
Sample data installation can be disabled:
sample_data = "true"to
sample_data = "false"
vagrant upas normal
"I have already downloaded the sample data"
- Place the sample data
tar.gzfile in the project root
sample_data = "true"
- The provisioning script will skip the download and use the provided file instead. The same goes for when the provisioner is rerun. e.g.
vagrant reload --provision
- Install Modman.
Why no Puppet/Chef? Admittedly, Puppet and Chef are excellent solutions for predictable and documented system configurations. The emphasis for this provisioner is on unopinionated simplicity. There are some excellent Puppet / Chef Magento configurations on Github with far more bells and whistles.