Spring Boot MySQL Docker Demo
Since this is the first time for me to use spring-boot project running in the docker with MySQL database, I use a lot of Yuan Ji's work for reference. you can also read his web page directly.
In the learning of this project, I have met with many difficulties. To help others have a better understanding of spring-mysql running on the docker. I decide to write it down and you can find the demo project at GitHub.
These steps are as follows
1.Clone the project:
git clone https://github.com/rjgeek/spring-boot-mysql-docker.git cd spring-boot-docker-mysql
2.Run MySQL in Docker container:
docker run --name demo-mysql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=password -e MYSQL_DATABASE=demo -e MYSQL_USER=demo_user -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=demo_pass -d mysql:5.6
- -name demo-mysql to assign a name to the container.
- -e to pass environment variables to the container, and create a demo database with a user demo-user and password. This user will be granted superuser permissions for the demo database.
- -p 3306:3306 to expose MySQL port to the local host.
- -d to tell Docker to daemonize the container and keep it running.mysql:5.6 to download MySQL 5.6 Server image from Docker public repo if not in your computer yet.
3.Check the log to make sure MySQL is running OK
docker logs demo-mysql
4.Maven package and demo application docker build:
cd spring-boot-docker-mysql mvn clean package docker:build
5. Run demo application MySQL in Docker container and link to demo-mysql:
docker run -p 8080:8080 --name demo-app --link demo-mysql:mysql -d ehcoo/spring-boot-docker-mysql
6. Check the log to make sure Server is running OK
docker logs demo-app
7. Test the whole project
This is the end!