Lean hapi API Boilerplate with an opinionated view on project structure.
To provide a base guidance to structure a hapi project with server routes, jwt authentication and tests, following best practises.
Clone project and install dependencies:
$ git clone https://github.com/rjmreis/hapi-api.git $ cd hapi-api $ npm install
Start the server:
$ npm start -s
$ npm test
- glue - Server composer for hapi.js. https://github.com/hapijs/glue
- hapi-auth-jwt2 - Secure Hapi.js authentication plugin using JSON Web Tokens (JWT) in Headers, Query or Cookies. https://github.com/dwyl/hapi-auth-jwt2
- blipp - Simple hapi plugin to display the routes table at startup. https://github.com/danielb2/blipp
- good - Hapi process monitor. It listens for events emitted by Hapi Server instances and allows custom reporters to be registered that output subscribed events. https://github.com/hapijs/good
- good-console - Console reporting for Good process monitor. https://github.com/hapijs/good-console
- good-squeeze - Simple transform stream for event filtering with good. https://github.com/hapijs/good-squeeze
- lab - Node test utility. https://github.com/hapijs/lab
- code - BDD assertion library. https://github.com/hapijs/code
- nodemon - Monitor for any changes in your node.js application and automatically restart the server. https://github.com/remy/nodemon
- eslint-plugin-import - ESLint plugin with rules that help validate proper imports. https://github.com/benmosher/eslint-plugin-import
- npm-run-all - A CLI tool to run multiple npm-scripts in parallel or sequential. https://github.com/mysticatea/npm-run-all
. ├── api/ | ├── handlers/ | | └── home.js * Sample handler | └── index.js * REST routes ├── config/ | ├── manifest.js * Server configuration | └── secret.js * Secret key ├── test/ | └── api.js * API test ├── server.js * Server definition (uses the Glue plugin to read a manifest) ├── auth.js * Auth strategies └── package.json
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Ricardo Reis
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.