Network streaming of Kinect v2 data
This project is an experiment in streaming data from the Kinect 2 sensor to another host on the network. I need it since the Kinect 2 SDK is only supported in Windows but the rest of my pipeline is Linux based.
- Simple Python API.
- Zero-configuration setup: uses Zeroconf/Bonjour to automatically discover servers on the network.
- Transparently compresses depth data to reduce bandwidth utilisation.
- Uses ZeroMQ as a high-performance portable transport.
- Tested (using a mock device) with an aim for >95% code coverage.
- Supports Python 2.7 and Python 3.3.
For the moment, until the software is usable, it should be installed directly from git:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/rjw57/streamkinect2
Under Windows, it is highly recommended that one installs the Anaconda installer to get an easy, and up-to-date, Python installation.
This software is released under a BSD 2 clause license. See the COPYING file.