

# Deliverable 2 Meeting Notes

## Meeting 10/29

**Members: Ross (online), Ben, Dylan, Harry, Camille**

Plan for today: go over example deliverables for phase 2, go over Bolong feedback, decide coding tasks structure

Harry: Missing 2 things: project plan and process specification

### Feedback from Bolong for Project Plan I Final:

I think there could be a bit more breakdown of issues with the FRs so that it's not 1 issue per Requirement, for example. But overall the details are great and shows the work of the team.

### Phase 2 deliverables:

I expect it to be able to perform *some* functionality for each of these 3 scenarios above. The features do not have to be complete, and you can simulate many aspects of them, the only thing I'd like to mention is to make sure it's a little bit more than pure GUI animation.

- A Final Project Plan (10%) - changes from Phase I to II Project Plan is... a little in the FAQ, and a little in the [Project Specification II](#).
- A Process Specification (15%) - modeling stuff with KAOS (also supposed to be in WRS). About requirement process, not the app. Might need to follow up with Bolong. Some changes made to specification needs to be read over. IDEF0 (from Lesson 9), context A-0 diagram and expand ICOM. Link [here](#) to FAQ.
- A Vision document (15%) Link [here](#).
- A WRS document for the product (30%). Link [here](#).
- Final presentation and functional prototype (30%) - Some information on the presentation is in the FAQ. (link in process specification above.

Notes for next meeting:

Start modeling with KAOS, first steps of that.

Everyone look over this document to be prepared for the next meeting: [484 - WRS with KAOS Models](#)

Meeting tentatively next Wednesday the 5<sup>th</sup> at 12:00.

### **Meeting 11/5**

Meeting cancelled. Had 3 members unable to join, 3 remaining members decided not to move forward with the meeting with half the team missing.

Decided as a team to find a new meeting time since the old one wasn't working for everyone to be able to be present for the meeting. Expand the conversation below for the details on finding a new meeting time. Ultimately agreed on Thursdays from 2-3, and reserved Room 261 from 1:30-3.

### ***Discord Conversation:***

#### **1. Camille — 11/5/25, 5:09 PM**

So since it looks like the time just isn't working with people, we should readjust and move forward quickly. I also want to clear something with @killerDroid , but it kind of affects everyone as well. Harry works in 200 until 1:30. I'm working in the MESA center from 12-4 M/W/F so knowing what room we are having the meeting in also helps a lot. My availability is affected if we have the meeting in MESA vs 200. Also I personally think having it in 200 is terrible because it is really distracting, but now that affects Harry's availability. So what room should be having the meeting in?

#### **2. Camille — 11/5/25, 5:11 PM**

And @everyone fill this out

@everyone and just to help some of us decide our availability, click an emoji for what room you want. : room 200 : MESA : a room that is not Mesa or 200 that we can just find on campus that's available that day in the moment (random empty classroom). : Don't care, just stick me in a room

#### **3. killerDroid — 11/5/25, 5:27 PM**

1230pm

Not 130pm

#### **4. Camille — 11/5/25, 5:29 PM**

Regardless, the point still stands

#### **5. Nick — 11/5/25, 8:21 PM**

I don't care what room really, though I would prefer a room where I could join via zoom if possible.

**6. rk19 — 11/5/25, 8:23 PM**

Hmm, maybe one of the conference rooms at the end of the halls  
200 and MESA get crowded sometimes

**7. Camille — 11/5/25, 8:43 PM**

MESA does get crowded but as I said it limits my availability is all.

@Dylan @killerDroid @Ben just click an emoji when you have time so we can have a decision on the space, then I can fill out the when2meet

**8. Camille — 11/6/25, 2:29 PM**

@Ben @killerDroid fill out the room thing please asap

**9. killerDroid — 11/6/25, 2:32 PM**

done

**10. Ben — 11/6/25, 2:39 PM**

Ok sorry I got you rn

**11. Camille — 11/6/25, 4:51 PM**

Ok so it looks like it's between the MESA center and non MESA, non 200 available room of choice. Since we are waiting for @Nick to fill out the when2meet I just did 2 different avialabilites based on it we are in the MESA room or not. Basically if we choose to not do it in MESA, it has to be a Tues/Thurs. Just let us know what time works for you, Nick. <https://www.when2meet.com/?33387206-wTO83>

Look like Thurssday from 2-3:00 might be the best candidate

**12. Nick — 11/6/25, 5:10 PM**

@Camille apologies, just finished

though your assumption is still on point, I'm fine with Thursdays. But I would prefer if we had access to a seminar room for video calls

**13. Camille — 11/6/25, 5:22 PM**

yeah I'll see about reserving one of those rooms on a regular basis for us.

**14. Camille — 11/6/25, 5:33 PM**

Ok @everyone I reserved room 261 (small conference room at the end of the hall) for us every Thursday from now until dead week from 1:30-3:00. Gives us a good window in case it runs over, and I can come straight from my 422 class down there.

Let's be super prepared for our meeting next Thursday to kind of hit the ground running a bit. Read the documents, understand what's being asked of us, etc. : )

## Meeting 11/13

**Members: Harry, Ross (online), Nick (online), Camille, Ben, Dylan**

Agenda for today:

Harry: we should start on the vision scope seeing as Nick already started on his part.

Harry to Nick: Do you want to do the entire vision scope? What do you mean by vision document section?

Nick: Yeah I looked it over and I think I can do the whole thing. I already got started on some of it, I'm waiting a little bit on you guys to hash out the details

Harry: Do you need anything from us?

Nick: Not currently.

Ross: It's dependent on prototype, so once we do the prototype it'll be more clear

Harry: Prototype is based on 3 scenarios

Nick: Section 2: scope and limitations, the features

Harry: let's decide on that for now

Ross: Agreed so Nick can keep working on it and we have a plan for the prototype to be able to code it out.

Ross: features we want to include for

### Scenario 1:

FRID1 Something to be able to intake your voice. Prototype should have voice input and text to speech (voice output commands / audio commands).

Routing: don't need to actually calculate a route (something basic: floor plan and shortest path algorithm, etc.)

### Scenario 2:

Mainly focused on UI. Caretaker configuration screen.

Scenario 3: we just need major features, we don't need to explain. Fall detection, send emergency message. Sends location. Receive confirmation from caretaker in emergency situation.

Ross: those are all doable for the prototype

Nick: Disclaimer that we don't fall under HIPAA regulations, that's something Bolong mentioned.

Ross: Can say we plan to follow it, but prototype has disclaimer.

Nick: How are we distinguishing between like being by walls, etc.

Ross: Maybe by the floorplan? Other option would be to have the camera but that's really complicated.

Camille: Should we be making sure we aren't making promises in the WRS we aren't fulfilling?

Ross: We get to revise that so we can alter those features to our needs for this deliverable. Harry: Prototype and WRS don't need to go in hand in hand and we don't have to make sure it's a full implementation.

Nick is set for vision and scope. He's about halfway through section 1.

Harry wanted to be the main person handling prototype.

Camille will email Bolong to set up a time for the final presentation. Aiming for Thursday during our meeting time, sometimes between 1:30-3:00 on the 4<sup>th</sup>.

Camille: Do we want to cover the presentation or cover that next week?

Ross: Well that's part of the demo as well...

Kaos modeling:

Ross in charge of the objectiver. He has the software, he can make the models, he will just need help

Harry: We can do the text and Ross can put them into diagram.

Ross: Good idea to take goals from WRS and break them down more, and once we have all those we can put those into the models

Camille: What do we need to add to the WRS?

Harry: Issues. Let's go over that. We didn't have enough functional and non functional requirement issues, so he just wants more.

Everyone go through sections 2 and 3 of WRS and put comments on the issues and add more.

Ross: Those who need something to do, outside the meeting, meet with Ross to go over breakdown of the goals. (Ben offered to help), We have KAOS and we also have the process specification which is the IDF0 model of how we did the requirements engineering stuff. It's a completely different model and topic. We cover that in HW 4, so once you do that you have an idea of how it's supposed to be modeled.

Harry: I can take on that

Ross: Then we have to revise the WRS, but that's after the KAOS. We can break it down first and come up with more issues, then do KAOS modeling, then put KAOS modeling into the WRS. One last thing is the project plan needs to be revised as well.

Harry: what does he want with the final project plan?

Ross: Probably details about first prototype maybe. Need to update activities for phase 2.

Nick: Who is doing each of the deliverables?

Ross: Process Specification (IDEF0) is what Harry wants to manage. It's modeling how we did the process of the whole phase 2. Inputs/outputs

Assigning ownership of each section:

Project Plan: Ben

Process Specification: Harry

Vision Document: Nick

WRS document: Ross

Final Presentation: Camille

Functional Prototype: Dylan

#### Summary:

Nick is working on the visual document, we went over the features from the Phase 1 presentation and each scenario so Nick could move forward. We went over what needed to be added to the WRS, how we intend on starting the KAOS. We all need to do homework 4 to understand the IDEF0 model to work on the process specification. We discussed what needs to be added to the project plan. Camille will email Bolong for the presentation date and time. We assigned ownership to each section of the deliverables. This person is NOT responsible for doing the entire thing themselves, they are responsible for communicating what needs to get done, and ensuring it is 100% complete.

#### Meeting 11/20

**Members: Camille, Ben, Dylan, Harry (online- Discord), Ross (online- Discord), Nick (quick update via Discord)**

Ross, Harry, and Dylan worked on the WRS over the last week.

Added some new goals, issues, and functional requirements to flesh out some of the features that we need that includes storage of preferences and user habits.

Uploading floor plans: how to upload into the app

Storing user favorites and habits: we're tracking you, baby!

^Addressed both of those in the WRS

Ben is continuing to go through the old preliminary plan in order to implement phase 2 stuff to put into the project plan.

Harry is going to continue with the process model. Ross offered to help him model it. They can work over it over the Thanksgiving break.

Camille can work on making an outline for the presentation and what each slide is going to have on it before we have the details. Details can be filled in after Thanksgiving break.

Nick, quick update via Discord: "Sorry somethings came up and can't attend today. But quick update I've got section 1 and 2 done will get the 3rd section done soon, then I will review before posting it for you all to look over if you want."

Plans to meet over Thanksgiving break:

Aim for Wednesday to work on stuffs over the break.

Should meet during dead week. Presentation is that Thursday, so Monday or Tuesday would be best to meet. Put it to a vote via discord when works best for people.

## **Meeting 12/2**

**Members: Camille, Ben, Dylan, Nick, Harry (online- Discord), Ross (online- Discord)**

Skipped meeting from Thanksgiving break: we needed the week off.

Camille: Presentation-> Some issues: presentation can't be done until prototype is done. Can we implement speech to text and text to speech on this short notice? Will there be issues not having our WRS match the demo.

Harry: process thingie-> pretty primitive: Needs to have a couple more breakdowns.

Ben: project plan -> should be done by Friday

Dylan: prototype update: Prototype from Phase I will be scrapped and totally redone.

Harry: User manual needs to be redone, do that first.

Dylan, Ross, and Harry worked on KAOS modeling together: base goals, one for navigation and one for emergency, and one for configuration. Break them all down and then the navigation one is a bit more complex so that one has been broken down into other diagrams. Customizable navigation, fast navigation, safe navigation, and then Bolong requires us to have responsibility diagrams which is generated by the system. Management, caregiver, preference system, emergency system, local emergency services.

Bolong needs these and some of the models need to deal with obstacles (which we have), and he wants the responsibility diagrams.

Harry: we have all the required diagrams already

Ross: Ok I'll put them in the WRS and you guys let me know if you have any suggestions but I think for the most part they are finalized. I think today I can spend helping out with the prototyping and process modeling.

Ben and Camille will be around to help out.

Going to go over the vision document together real quick to skim:

Nick said there are some minor details he wants to clean up are some headers

Dylan: For drafting use cases for the prototype, are device sensors an actor?

Ross: NO they are part of the system.

## SUMMARY:

Dylan -> user manual before prototype. Good flow in user manual will be better if the app isn't totally fleshed out. Also helpful to the presentation.

Harry -> Finish up process document.

Ross -> Get some sleep. WRS-> Insert KAOS models and touch up some of the language

Nick -> fine tune and read Ross' comments and see if he wants to make changes

Ben-> finish project plan

Camille -> presentation finish on the assumption we will hit target on the prototype and the WRS functionality

We need to figure out where to put the HIPPA violation disclosure

Ross: in the user manual, or maybe a pop up in the app or something

Meet tomorrow, minus Nick because he has to work and won't be able to attend the presentation, to go over