BigBand is a stack of Sinatra extensions, most of them developed as part of BigBand, but usable without, each of available as a separate gem. All BigBand extensions follow the same release cycle.
Note: The list below are libraries, that already have been extracted from the BigBand master branch. More will follow. With the release of BigBand 0.4.0 this branch will become the new master branch.
The BigBand Stack
- Sinatra::AdvancedRoutes – Makes routes first class objects
- Sinatra::Compass – Integrates the Compass stylesheet framework
- Sinatra::ConfigFile – Adds YAML config file support
- Sinatra::MoreServer – Adds support for more web servers to Sinatra::Base#run!
- Sinatra::Namespace – Adds namespaces, allows namespaces to have local helpers.
- Sinatra::Reloader – Advanced and fast code reloader
- Sinatra::Sugar – Extensions for Sinatra's standard methods, like #set or #register
- Sinatra::WebInspector – Allows you to inspect a running app
Sinatra tool integration:
- AsyncRack – Makes standard rack middleware play nice with
- Haml::More – Adds more functionality to Haml and Sass
- monkey-lib – Thin layer over ruby extension libraries (like ActiveSupport) to make those pluggable
- Sinatra::TestHelper – Adds helper methods and better integration for various testing frameworks
- Yard::Sinatra – Displays Sinatra routes (including comments) in YARD output
Besides those extensions, there are others in the BigBand stack, that are external:
- Rack Flash by Pat Nakajima
Goals for 0.4.0
- No sub-project relies on BigBand
- All sub-projects should work with MRI/REE >= 1.8.6 (including 1.9.x), JRuby >= 1.4.0 and Rubinius >= 1.0
- Some sub-projects should work with MagLev and IronRuby (partial MacRuby support planned for later release)
- Ease to modify the stack
Setup via gemcutter
gem install big_band
Note: Currently this will only install BigBand 0.3.x, since 0.4 is not out yet.
Running the specs / Manual setup
Try something like this:
# dependencies, rather mainstream. just in case you don't have one of those. gem install sinatra rspec rack-test rake # get the source git clone git://github.com/rkh/big_band.git rake setup:read_only # run the specs rake spec # run with multiple ruby implementations using rvm rvm specs ree,1.9.1,rbx,jruby