Package xdg provides access to the FreeDesktop.org (XDG) specs.
Documentation is available via godoc. Here are direct links to the documentation pages for each package:
- xdg - Provides xdg.Open
function to call
- xdg/basedir - Provides access to the xdg basedir spec.
- xdg/desktop - Read desktop files (w/ localization support).
- xdg/keyfile - Provides access to xdg key file format (w/ localization support).
- xdg/trash - Provides access to xdg trash spec.
- xdg/userdirs - Provides access to common user directories.
Tests can be run with
The tests for the xdg/trash package expect the trash to exist
$XDG_DATA_HOME is undefined)).
The tests for the xdg/userdirs package require the
- desktop.Launch (in progress on desktop-launch branch)
- trash.New (requires checking for a "sticky bit" on the filesystem of the drive on which the trash exists; in addition to other (easier) checks)