Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
rkt v0.15.0 is an incremental release with UX improvements, bug fixes, API service enhancements and new support for Go 1.5.
New features and UX changes
- Images can now be deleted from the store by both ID and name (#1866). See rkt's rkt image rm documentation.
- The journals of rkt pods can now be accessed by members of the Unix group rkt (#1877). See rkt's journalctl -M documentation.
- Mention rkt integration in Nomad (#1884).
- Document how to start the api service and add a program example explaining how the api service can be used to integrate rkt with other programs (#1915).
- Programs using rkt's API service are now provided with the size of the images stored in rkt's store (#1916).
- Programs using rkt's API service are now provided with any annotations found in the image manifest and pod manifest (#1924).
- Fix a panic in the API service by making the store database thread-safe (#1892) and by refactoring the API service functions to get the pod state (#1893).
- Add support for building rkt with Go 1.5, which is now the preferred version. rkt can still be built with Go 1.4 as best effort (#1907). As part of the move to Go 1.5, rkt now has a godep-save script to support Go 1.5 (#1857).
- Continuous Integration on Travis now builds with both Go 1.4.2 and Go 1.5.2. Go 1.4.3 is avoided to workaround recent problems with go vet (#1941).
- Fix regression issue when downloading image signatures from quay.io (#1909).
- Properly cleanup the tap network interface that were not cleaned up in some error cases when using the kvm stage1 (#1921).
- Fix a bug in the 9p filesystem used by the kvm stage1 that were preventing
apt-getfrom working propertly (#1918).