This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
rkt v0.15.0 is an incremental release with UX improvements, bug fixes, API service enhancements and new support for Go 1.5.
New features and UX changes
- Images can now be deleted from the store by both ID and name (#1866). See rkt's rkt image rm documentation.
- The journals of rkt pods can now be accessed by members of the Unix group rkt (#1877). See rkt's journalctl -M documentation.
- Mention rkt integration in Nomad (#1884).
- Document how to start the api service and add a program example explaining how the api service can be used to integrate rkt with other programs (#1915).
- Programs using rkt's API service are now provided with the size of the images stored in rkt's store (#1916).
- Programs using rkt's API service are now provided with any annotations found in the image manifest and pod manifest (#1924).
- Fix a panic in the API service by making the store database thread-safe (#1892) and by refactoring the API service functions to get the pod state (#1893).
- Add support for building rkt with Go 1.5, which is now the preferred version. rkt can still be built with Go 1.4 as best effort (#1907). As part of the move to Go 1.5, rkt now has a godep-save script to support Go 1.5 (#1857).
- Continuous Integration on Travis now builds with both Go 1.4.2 and Go 1.5.2. Go 1.4.3 is avoided to workaround recent problems with go vet (#1941).
- Fix regression issue when downloading image signatures from quay.io (#1909).
- Properly cleanup the tap network interface that were not cleaned up in some error cases when using the kvm stage1 (#1921).
- Fix a bug in the 9p filesystem used by the kvm stage1 that were preventing
apt-getfrom working propertly (#1918).