This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
This release contains changes to the behavior of
rkt status, and
rkt fly to make them more consistent. Two of them need particular attention:
rkt statuscan now omit the pid field when non-existent. Use
--wait[-ready]to ensure a pid will be available.
default[-restricted]network is not added by default when a custom network is specified with
There are also some improvements on documentation and tests working on arm64.
New features and UX changes
- stage0/status: fix failure when systemd never runs in stage1 (#3713). This changes the behavior of
rkt statuswhen a PID is not available: instead of crashing, it will now omit the pid field. Users that need to read the PID shortly after an invocation of
rkt runshould now use the
- BREAKING network: do not automatically add
default*networks when custom ones are specified (#3685).
- stage1/fly: preserve environment between run and enter (#3712). Fly run now writes the app env file, and
fly enterreads it.
- stage1/fly: make run/enter honour uid/gid/suppGids (#3717). Refactored common functionality out of run.
- stage1/init/units: keep journald running while apps are shutting down (#3726). This prevents a race when apps are writing to their stdout/err (and output is being sent to stage1's journal) while shutting down. If journald terminates before the apps finish shutting down, their output will be lost.
- tests: get functional tests working on arm64 (#3737). Various arch fixups to get
make checkwith a coreos stage1 working on arm64 machines.
--user --groupon arm64 (#3736). Fixes issue #3714 (
rkt run --userfails on arm64).
- docs: update CLI flags in run.md (#3748). Also added rkt-run options present in rkt 1.27.0 but not present in the run.md markdown. The entries in markdown have been sorted.
- tests/net: skip TestNetCustomBridge on semaphore (#3740). Reference #3739
- doc: mention external stage1s (#3723). This was discussed on:
- rkt/pubkeys: print debug logs on discovery errors (#3705). This reorders log-printing and error-returning when pubkeys discovery
fails, in order to print useful debugging information on error.
- docs: correct rkt pronunciation (#3674).
rkthas an icon of a rocket but previously the official pronunciation was "rock-it" which is incompatible with the logo. This change fixes that.
- stage0: fix message formatting errors, stale forward-vars (#3722).
rkt-1.28.0-1.x86_64.rpm 101 MB
rkt-1.28.0-1.x86_64.rpm.asc 488 Bytes
rkt-v1.28.0.tar.gz 101 MB
rkt-v1.28.0.tar.gz.asc 488 Bytes
rkt_1.28.0-1_amd64.deb 101 MB
rkt_1.28.0-1_amd64.deb.asc 488 Bytes
stage1-coreos-1.28.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes
stage1-fly-1.28.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes
stage1-kvm-1.28.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes