Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- rkt-1.29.0-1.x86_64.rpm 102 MB
- rkt-1.29.0-1.x86_64.rpm.asc 488 Bytes
- rkt-v1.29.0.tar.gz 102 MB
- rkt-v1.29.0.tar.gz.asc 488 Bytes
- rkt_1.29.0-1_amd64.deb 102 MB
- rkt_1.29.0-1_amd64.deb.asc 488 Bytes
- stage1-coreos-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci 37.7 MB
- stage1-coreos-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes
- stage1-fly-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci 7.33 MB
- stage1-fly-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes
- stage1-kvm-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci 51 MB
- stage1-kvm-1.29.0-linux-amd64.aci.asc 488 Bytes
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
This release contains a number of bugfixes, new features like the ability to share the host IPC namespace, dependency updates, and build system improvements.
- app/add: Use the image name as a default name for app (#3802). Make the
--nameflag optional like stated in the help message.
- stage1/init: activate systemd-journal-flush.service (#3807). It's needed to make systemd-journald write to /var/log/journal instead of /run/log/journal.
- stage0/gc: try to avoid double overlay mounts (#3806). Before Linux 4.13, it used to be possible to perform double overlayfs mounts and now it's not, handle this case.
- api: add CreatedAt to v1.Pod (#3797). It might happen that the pod is created but we can't get its start time so we add a CreatedAt field to the API.
- lib: don't error out if we can't get the app exit code (#3800). This can happen if the pod dies but we don't have time to register the app exit code.
- image: set the header instead of adding it (#3796). The go http/client changes its behavior for redirect and header's copy since the go 1.8:
- lib/app: check in upper/ if the pod uses overlay (#3791). Getting creation/start time and status of applications will fail for pods using overlay if stage1 was unmounted (e.g. when rebooting).
- stage1: handle docker group semantics (#3792). Docker uses the UID as GID if you only specify the "user".
- stage1: support hybrid cgroup hierarchy (#3784). systemd introduced the hybrid cgroup hierarchy in v233, which was breaking the host flavor of rkt.
- pkg/keystore: ensure correct permissions on path creation (#3780). Allow writing to
/etc/rkt/trustedkeysas a user in the rkt group in systems with restrictive umask.
- networking: ensure the netns directory is mounted (#3761). Allows using rktnetes and rkt on the same host.
- stage1: fix systemd version fmt in error message (#3767). The previous version caused cryptic error messages.
New features and UX changes
- app/add: Allow to define annotations for app from CLI (#3814).
- app/sandbox: Allow to define annotations for sandbox from CLI (#3816).
- stage0,rkt: don't require the pod to be running to remove apps (#3799).
- stage1: enable host IPC namespace (#3787). rkt normally creates a new IPC namespace for the pod. In order to stay in the host IPC namespace, a new option
- rkt: bash completion code (#3774). This patch provides an implementation of the command used to generate completion code for the bash shell.
- vendor: bump docker2aci to v0.17.0 (#3810).
- vendor: update pborman/uuid to v1.1 (#3809).
- vendor: bump appc/spec to v0.8.11 (#3803).
- rkt_seccomp_test: Fix arm64 stat tests (#3804).
- build: sort stage1 manifest files (#3808). To ease maintenance.