@WeAreRLadies: The R-Ladies RoCur
The R-Ladies RoCur (Rotating Curation) is a twitter handle that will feature an awesome R-Lady each week. This account is run by R-Ladies Global.
- To encourage and maintain Twitter engagement within the R-Ladies community.
- To spotlight female and minority genders (including but not limited to cis/trans women, trans men, non-binary, genderqueer, agender) and their great work in R.
How It Works
Every week, a different R-Lady takes over our twitter account to talk about the work they do in R. Featured curators come from a diversity of professions and have a range of experiences in R, from novice to expert.
If you are interested in becoming a curator, see our Be a Curator section (below) and sign up here.
Check out @WeAreRLadies every Monday for a new curator!
here!See the current curator schedule
Sign up to be a curator here.
Be a Curator!
We are always looking for R-users to be a featured curator for our account! Everyone is welcome; R-Ladies encourages R-users of all professional backgrounds and experience levels to curate this account. Additionally, individuals do not need to be affiliated with R-Ladies to curate. Featured curators must meet the following criteria:
- Curators must identify as female or non-binary.
- Curators do not need to be affiliated with R-Ladies; however, curators need to register in the R-Ladies directory if they haven’t yet.
- Curators must be individuals (i.e. an R-Ladies Chapter cannot be a featured curator; however, an organizer from a local chapter may curate and tweet about chapter events).
- By signing on to be a curator of @WeAreRLadies you agree to our Curator Agreement that is outlined in our RoCur Curator Guide.
Curator Sign Up
Individuals may sign up to be a curator via this form.
- They will be asked to provide a first and second choice.
- Curatorship begins each Monday at 7:00 AM ET and ends the following Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
- Administrators will make all efforts to honor all scheduling requests but may ask that you be flexible as the administrators need to coordinate multiple schedules.
- Administrators will contact you to schedule the week you will curate.