Google Go language plugin for IDEA
Google go language plugin is an attempt to build an outstanding IDE for Google Go language using Intellij IDEA.
Project pages on github:
- http://wiki.github.com/mtoader/google-go-lang-idea-plugin/ (wiki)
Google Go language page:
Intellij IDEA homepage:
- http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?idea&id=5047 (plugin page at the intellij plugin repository).
What it does
- Basic language parsing and highlighting
- Code folding
- Brace matching
- Comment/Uncomment (Single/Multiple line) support
- Go SDK (work with the latest release and on windows)
- File type icon
- Go application file and library generation.
- Auto completion of sdk package names and/or local application packages.
- Compilation of the go applications (supported semantics are similar to those of gobuild)
- Go To definition (for types) works across files and Go SDK
- Code formatting - experimental (disabled)
- Type name completion
- ColorsAndSettings page with a new color scheme
- Automatically add new line at end of file
- Force UTF-8 encoding for go files
- Go module type
- Go SDK indexing mode
How to use it
- Download and install Intellij IDEA (Ultimate or Community edition).
- Open the Plugins installation page: File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Available Plugins
- Search for google go
- Right click on the proper plugin and install
- Download latest release of the Google Go language.
- Build and install it.
- Open IDEA and create an empty Java project.
- Go to File -> Project Structure and select SDKs entry in the left column of the new window
- Add a new Google Go SDK by clicking the plus sign an choosing the appropriate SDK type.
- After the SDK is defined go to the Modules entry and add a new google facet to your default module. Select the proper sdk for the module.
Now you are ready to write and compile google go programs.
Tutorials by other people
If you found a bug, please report it at the Google Go plugin project's tracker on GitHub:
I'm an entrepreneur and I also build software applications. I'm currently open to consulting work in interesting projects.