See our Houston Hackathon submission.
- Node script to scrape Overdrive APIs for library entities (/server/extractor)
- Postgres to store scraped library entries from Overdrive
- Node express server to expose endpoints for use by front-end
- CreateReactApp for React front-end, with Bootstrap & ionicons
To serve application
- Get your Overdrive API credentials
- If you want to work with Houston libraries, ask the current maintainer for them
- Set the
- Checkout and navigate into the repo
- Install node from https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Install postgres (
brew install postgresfor mac users)
- Create the database with
npm installto get dependencies
npm run build-backendthen
npm run migratethen
npm run run-seedsto set up your database schema
npm run extractorto populate your database with books from Overdrive
npm startto start up Node express server and serve front-end
- Please make changes in feature branches and submit a pull request to master.
- New contributors welcome!