- New Home Page: about:home.
- Session Manager and Crash Restore system
- Updated internal URLs to reflect new website
- Added Get Extensions link to Tools menu and Contribute link to Help menu
- More "M" logos replaced.
This should be our last major features-only and rebrand release. Starting with 3.0, we will upgrade the Gecko core to be more compliant for the modern web. We would like to thank the developers of the Crash Recovery and Session Manager extensions for a platform to build on for our new Session Restore feature. Users who already have any these extensions installed are advised to remove them.
In the coming weeks, we will publish a few extensions to the new RetroZilla Extensions page. Such extensions include AdBlock and Greasemonkey. We may also provide extensions or GM scripts designed specifically to make newer websites compatible with the older Gecko version that RetroZilla uses.
- The rebrand from SeaMonkey to RetroZilla was finished, if there are any references to SeaMonkey that I missed, open an issue. (#1)
- New throbber with the Mozilla "M" changed to "RZ" for RetroZilla
- Windows 9x and NT 4 now display a proper OS string in the user agent
- RetroZilla now has its own profile folder inside of the appdata folder. You will no longer be able to use your old Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey 1.x profiles.
- New about:credits page featuring both RetroZilla and Mozilla contributors. (#3)
- A slight bug causing some elements to not display properly is fixed.
- Installer works properly on Windows NT. (#2)
For version 2.0, we plan to add some UX enhancements, such as an about:home replacement and a built-in hosts file switcher, to make blocking ads and trackers easier. Version 3.0 will be when I start porting over Gecko enhancements from newer versions of Firefox, with major and minor version numbers of RetroZilla matching up with their Firefox counterparts. (Example: RetroZilla 3.0 will have CSS parity with Firefox 3.0, and RetroZilla 3.6 will be compatible with Firefox 3.6; RetroZilla is currently based on the Firefox 2 codebase.)