Ronnie Brown, ronniebrown.scot
Site is built on Github Pages, and hosted at rnnbrwn.github.io.
Rough plan for the site
I've had lots of personal sites in the past: 160676.net, lazybrown.co.uk, thisplaceisdead.com being the main ones. All of them were basic blogs. Handmade CMSs, that kind of thing. For a long time now, I've wanted to have a proper online presence, and I've regularly created and hosted Wordpress sites, but rarely posted.
So, this is the new plan. ronniebrown.scot, hosted via Github Pages. A static site that will grow as I learn. Because here's the thing. I'm a web developer in name only, these days. It's been a long time since I've produced much of note (a recent work site being the exception - https://www.emeahiltoncareers.com/). I manage people these days, but I'm determined to hone my dev skills and this is where we start.
This will be a learning by doing type of site. This site will evolve and we start with version 0.0.1, informally called, Rusty.
A note for future Ronnie: Gatsby's setup but the deploy page is set in the /public folder. For now, I'm keeping the static site until some of the items below are resolved.
fx ul li styles
- ultimately, I pulled the todo list from the homepage and placed it here
get ronniebrown.scot to point to github pages
- decide on platform. wordpress? static gatsby?
gulp? scss? need to get these setup webpack? gulp, scss etc.
- start writing stuff
- style socials
- create a design system (of sorts)
name this version andcreate a full list of items I want in it
10 98 updates
- make sure ul has the same margin as p
- add dates n taxonomy to any blog-type posts
- the blog post header is the same as the Failte header, and that doesn't look right
- also, the spacing between the welcome message and the blog post needs to be greater
- sort out the layout, the 50/50 split doesn't scale very well at mid-size
- google analytics?