buildlamp — Arduino Ethernet and NeoPixels variant
- Arduino Ethernet
- USB Serial Adapter for programming the Arduino Ethernet
- 7-12V power supply
- NeoPixel Stick or multiple breadboard friendly NeoPixels
- Break-away headers for soldering on neopixels
- breadboard wires
Import the following libraries into your Arduino IDE:
Construction How To
Preparing the NeoPixels
- Solder the break-away headers on your breadboard friendly NeoPixels or the NeoPixel Stick
Connect on breadboard
Look at this in depth Guide how to connect the NeoPixels to the arduino.
Upload Code to the Arduino
Connect the Arduino with the USB Serial Adapter to your computer. Open the buildlamp sketch and change the lines marked with
// FIXME. Then upload the sketch to the Arduino.
Setup Jenkins Job
Open your Jenkins instance, go to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins and install the Groovy Postbuild plugin.
Create a new View that contains all the jobs you want to summarize the build status on the lamp.
Create a new Job (type: Freestyle project) with following settings:
- Source Code Management: none
- Build Triggers: Build periodically, Schedule: "
* * * * *"
- Build > Add Build step: Execute system groovy script. Copy the contents of /jenkins/buildlamp.groovy in the Groovy command text box and change the
Look at your lamp
If its no longer blue, party!