fastq.bio (serverless version)
An interactive web tool that generates quality metrics from DNA sequencing data.
This version of fastq.bio runs the WebAssembly code in Cloudflare Workers.
See this repo for the version of fastq.bio that runs WebAssembly in the browser.
- To use it in your own workers, modify the
API_URLvariable in worker.js to point to your own serverless function.
- Use the Cloudflare wrangler tool to compile to WebAssembly and deploy to the cloud
- User provides a File from their local filesystem
- File transfered to WebWorker (so can parse file synchronously)
- Parse random chunks of the file
- Make multiple parallel API calls to the Cloudflare workers on chunks of data
- Data analysis runs in Cloudflare Workers (code compiled from Rust --> WebAssembly)
Check out my Smashing Magazine article on serverless WebAssembly.