Pokémon Duke Blue
Pokémon Duke Blue is a role-playing, turn based game built with JavaFX based off of the Pokémon videogame series. The game features a navigable world, interactive non-player characters, turn-style Pokémon battles, cheat codes, and sound effects.
- Up/down/right/left arrow keys: move the player sprite throughout the map, or choose which moves you'll use in battle
- Z: equivalent to the "A" button on a GameBoy (affirmative/attack command)
- Space: begins the overworld mode from the title screen
- C: displays the cheat mode screen which lists all cheat codes and their effects
- B: skips directly from the intro screen to the battle mode
- I: toggles invincibility when in battle mode
Talk to non-player characters and get advice on how to become a Pokémon master, then challenge Coach K, Duke University's incumbent Pokémon master.
General world mode
Navigate through Duke University's East Campus and interact with dorm leaders via the Z key.
Each opponent begins with a set amount of health points (HP) according to their Pokémon's strength. Pressing the Z key repeatedly deals damage to the opponent's Pokémon, but attacks are dealt to the player's Pokémon on a timed basis.