Deprecated: See https://github.com/effinggames/stock-trader for a better version written in Scala.
Stock Backtester and Analysis application for EOD (End-of-day) data. Easy creation of java-based scripts, macros, user lists without touching internal code. Uses hot-reloading to rapidly edit scripts without restarting. Automatically downloads data from Yahoo finance.
Easy to setup - Steps:
- Download source and open in favorite IDE (I like Eclipse)
- Add JVM options to run configuration: -d64 -Xms512m -Xmx4g
- Add all the jars in resource folder to the build path
- Run starting from the main QuantTrader class
- Enter 'database download' to download initial set of Yahoo finance EOD data (~10 minutes).
- Then enter 'backtest test' to verify everything works, or 'help' to see all commands.
Add custom backtesting scripts to: com.qt.modules.backtest.scripts
Add custom backtesting macros to: com.qt.modules.backtest.macros
Add custom stock lists (SP500, NASDAQ100, etc) to: /UserLists (then do 'database rebuild')
Please fork and improve :)