This is the development version of PC-BASIC.
For desktop use, use one of the installers here. For Python use, install with
pip install pcbasic
- This is a major refactoring of the codebase, removing a number of heavy dependencies including
- The codebase in now pure-Python, using
ctypesto interface with libraries. A compiler is no longer necessary to build from source.
- Numerous Python 3 compatibility bugs were resolved. Python 3 is now the preferred interpreter, although Python 2.7 remains supported.
- Greatly improved test coverage.
cursesinterfaces are now deprecated and will be removed in 2.1. They may be omitted from packaged versions.
ansiinterfaces remain supported.
- A large number of bugs have been fixed, in particular console issues.
3b294b61a4296b9be8934dfa68984e9d5581792298dd594d0a4a6e42ce974b52 PC-BASIC-2.0.3.dmg f787ff11e1e289d4c9de73d3e19be94dafb37bbc5590911d5d3b523c307e566a PC-BASIC-2.0.3.msi dfc57f515951a5860e3c4aa155d588ec20b1b0f8ce1820a2bf77c467dd999393 python-pcbasic-2.0.3-1.noarch.rpm ed8d30d3d6a316a0de3ea3f67bf8161ba277aa83eee14092dd5f660ad0ef0187 python-pcbasic_2.0.3_all.deb