giflord is a GIF aggregator and listing site for use with Google App Engine. The mechanize and BeautifulSoup libraries are used for crawling. All dependencies are bundled with the application so it's ready to deploy straight away!
- Get a Google App Engine account
Fetch the latest version of giflord
git clone git://github.com/robhardwick/giflord.git
Update any application settings in
- Add the location of giflord as an existing application in the Google App Engine Launcher
- Run your new application
- Add demo images by visiting
- When you're ready, deploy your application. You should start seeing images in the deployed app soon after the cron hook has run for the first time
- Google App Engine Images API
- mechanize v0.2.5 with GAE compatibilty patch (Bundled)
- BeautifulSoup v3.2 (Bundled)
Copyright (c) 2011 Rob Hardwick, http://github.com/robhardwick Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.