SCB Book - Social Network App
- Given the public API: https://jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/
- Write a UI of your choice: iOS, Android or Web.
- Put the code into a GitHub repository and provide us with a link and instructions on how to start the application.
- Please, provide your submission as quickly as possible.
Some further clarification on the task
What's the judging criteria?
- Cleanness of code
- Ease of use & navigation
- Look and feel
We are to decide all the APIs by ourselves? What number of it is expected/preferred?
- The API should be this: https://jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/
- It is a simple social network app.
- Users have posts and photo albums and a todo list
- Posts have comments.
- Photo albums have photos.
- We don’t want to be too restrictive regarding how the data gets presented.
- An example app could look like (but is not restricted to):
- Have a top level list of users.
- Click a user widget and get to the user details page.
- Have another button to show the address
- Have a section for photo album
- Have a section for todo’s
- Have a section for posts.
- Each section navigates to the respective details view.
- Navigating back up the UI tree should be possible.
Any preferred types of apps/webs or problem domains? e.g. a timer vs. an info site
- We would prefer a mobile app over a web app. Otherwise see above. If it runs in an emulator that is fine.
No third-party UI Frameworks allowed.
Run Development or Production via Local Machine
Install Expo CLI
npm install -g expo-cli
Expo Dev Tools will automatically launch in your browser.
Either follow the prompts in the terminal, or select the prompts via Expo Dev Tools.
Tests can be run with:
Run Production via Expo Hosted (Published)
The project has been published and is hosted on Expo. Simply scan the QR code in the link using the Expo app (Android) or the Camera app (iOS).
Screenshots (iOS 12)
Screenshots (Android 9)
Made using React-Native & Expo CLI
See the React-Native README.
See the Expo-CLI README.