Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Use the quick links on your right to start reading up on WonderCMS. Start with some simple do's and don'ts listed below.
- Change the default password and login URL immediately after setting up WonderCMS.
- Always backup before updating.
- Install themes and plugins only from the official website: https://wondercms.com
- Check how to turn on "better security mode" - for Apache and NGINX users.
- Create functions.php instead of editing index.php.
- If you are running WonderCMS on a local machine, install a certificate to avoid the persistent "Update" message error.
Don't edit index.php.
- Important because the built in one click updater overwrites index.php. Any changes made to index.php WILL BE LOST after clicking "Update".
- Don't upload random SVG files.
- Don't get tricked into uploading malicious SVG's. If in doubt, avoid uploading any SVG file extension.
Common questions / help
- List of common errors and fixes
- How to backup all files
- How to find or recover login URL
- How to reset password to admin
- How to change default login URL
- How to change default password
- How to restore backup
- How to update
- What does the default database.js look like
- What are blocks and how to create new editable areas or editable blocks
- What is the WonderCMS 5 file structure
Need support? Check out the WonderCMS community.