Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Persistent "New WonderCMS update available" message
Why does the "Update" message appear
WonderCMS makes two verifications:
- Checks the version of your WonderCMS in index.php.
- Checks the latest version number from https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/blob/master/version
- If those two versions are different, the update message appears. In special cases when this check/comparison can't be made, this message will persist to show up.
Possible causes and solutions
- You are running WonderCMS on a local computer and cURL does have a certificate.
- Solution: install a certificate on your local computer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14987857/what-exactly-is-cacert-pem-for
- Your hosting package does not meet the minimum WonderCMS requirements (https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/wiki/Requirements)
- Solution: ensure your hosting package has everything provider, or use https://www.wondercms.com/hosting
- Your hosting package does not include cURL, which takes care of overwriting files from GitHub to your website/server.
- Solution: contact your hosting provided to install cURL, or if you have permissions, install cURL
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.