This is an extension which allows for form-based editing of arbitrary JSON data on-wiki. To see this in action, visit http://jsonwidget.org/wiki/JsonData
Installation instructions for JsonData
- Copy the extension as "JsonData" into the extensions directory
- Configure the extension in LocalSettings.php. An example configuration can be found in example/LocalSettings_example.php
This should be enough to get up and running.
A few tests to try with the example configuration:
- Create a page "Address:Test". This is an example of a basic address book.
- Create a page "Data:Test". This is an example of free-form JSON editing sans schema.
- Copy an example schema to the wiki. Create "Schema:SimpleAddr", and copy in the contents of simpleaddr-schema.json. Surround the contents with a tag.
- Move your config on-wiki and make a modification a. Copy the contents of example/configexample.json to a new article called "JsonConfig:Test". Be sure to leave either or tags around the JSON data. b. Set $wgJsonDataConfigArticle = "JsonConfig:Test" in LocalSettings.php c. Edit JsonConfig:Test, changing the following values: ['tags']['address']['schema']['srctype'] from "predefined" to "article" ['tags']['address']['schema']['src'] to "Schema:SimpleAddr"
- Edit "Schema:SimpleAddr", adding or removing a field
- Create a page "Address:Test2", and note your change to the schema.