Garry's Mod Lua Main Menu
A Lua powered ( No HTML ) main menu for Garry's Mod. It is meant for those who do not have main menu in Garry's Mod by default. Note that this is a personal project, and it is not going to be included into Garry's Mod. It does not have some features that I don't use. Some other features that are not part of the standard menu might be added in the future.
- Server browser - This menu uses the default Source Engine server browser
- Demos and Saves - I never use those so I didn't bother adding them. Who uses them anyway?
- Good looks
- You can't browse through new/top rated/ect addons in main menu. You should use the Open Workshop button anyway.
- I think it's faster then the default one
- Achievement menu
- More functionality for New Game and Addons menus
- Server settings in "new game" menu are working properly
- Caching - map and workshop icons are cached - you only slowly load them once, and then it's fast
- No HTML
To install this, download the ZIP and extract contents of
gmod-lua-menu-master folder ( folders
materials ) to your
To uninstall this, open
SteamApps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/lua/menu/menu.lua and follow instructions inside.
Alternatively, you can simply verify game cache integrity of Garry's Mod and the custom menu will be gone.