This metapackage contains most of the development for localization of the SIAR platform inside a sewer network.
This localization system is presented in the paper "RGBD-based Robot Localization in Sewer Networks" of D. Alejo, F. Caballero and L. Merino that has been accepted for publication in the 2017 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2017).
The video attachment to the paper in HD can be found at:
The bags for reproducing the presented experiments can be found at:
- Experiment 1: http://robotics.upo.es/~daletei/SIAR/Dataset/2017-01-17_sewers_jan/siar_2017-01-17-10-25-40.bag
- Experiment 2: http://robotics.upo.es/~daletei/SIAR/Dataset/2017-01-17_sewers_jan/siar_2017-01-17-11-17-28.bag
It is composed by the following packages:
- amcl_sewer A customized version of the popular AMCL algorithm adapted to the particularities of the sewer network.
- functions Some general-purpose functions and classes regarding to file management, handling with RealVectors and many more
- manhole_detector A keras-based CNN detector trained with over 19k images for detecting manholes with the up-facing camera of the robot
- sewer_graph Uses the simple_graph library to acquire the sewer network topology from file and store it in memory
- simple_graph A lightweight library for storing sparse graphs
For more details about these packages, please refer to their internal README.md.
Before compiling, please check the dependencies
In order to build the package, clone it inside the src directory of your Catkin workspace and compile it by using catkin_make as usual.