LEMMY: 49% Motherfucker | 51% Son of a Bitch JS/CS Express+Mocha project Boilerplate
No better yet humble hommage to the Godfather of Heavy Metal, Lemmy Kilmister. Perhaps you may have heard of him as the trust-worthy roadie of Jimi Hendrix, the raw base of the 70's space rock powerhouse Hawkwind or, most probably, as the relentless force behind the all-mighty Motörhead.
As the remarkable individual, living legend and true rock-star; this tool aims at emulating all the characteristics that make of Lemmy a one-of-a-kind person: simple, straight-forward, generous, smart, and practical.
How to Use
It is very easy to use Lemmy. In fact, all you need to do is the following:
- Fork this project and rename it as you like.
git clone https://github.com/rock-n-code/lemmy your_project_name
- Setup your project and choose your language of choice
cd your_project_name && make setup [APP_LANGUAGE=CS]
Modify the package.json file to your requirements with your Text Editor of choice.
Install all the dependencies locally.
The commands Lemmy provides you are:
- setup : Kick-start your JS/CS Express project for once and for all.
- dependencies : Install locally all the dependencies defined on the package JSON file.
- clean : Clean-up all the generated code from your Express project.
- build : Compiles your CS code into the JS equivalent.
- watch : Watches any change on your CS code and automatically compiles it into its JS equivalent.
- run : Run your project on Node.JS
- test : Test your Express project using Mocha.
- deploy : Prepares your Express project for deployment.
- mit-license : Generate a MIT license for your Express project.
- help : Display the Help menu you're reading right now.
This is the list of all the features are required or would be awesome to implement on Lemmy in the near future, in random order:
- HTML5 boilerplate integration on the View's layout.
The following people are helping to make of Lemmy an essential tool for every Express developer:
No matter how small or big your contribution to this project, you'll be added to this list by default.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Javier Cicchelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.