- ddcutil 0.9.1 or later. If installed from pre-compiled packages, the shared library and development packages must be installed as well as the main ddcutil package.
- A recent version of QT 5. ddcui will not build with versions of Qt older than 5.5. Unless you want to modify the the dialog boxes, or prefer the Qt Creator IDE, Qt Creator is not required.
Building Using qmake
- A qmake control file (ddcui.pro) is provided.
- To create the Makefile, change to the directory in which you wish to build ddcui and issue one of the commands:
qmake -qt=qt5 <directory containing ddcui.pro>/ddcui.pro qtchooser -qt=5 -run-tool=qmake <directory containing ddcui.pro>/ddcui.pro
Building Using CMake
- A CMake control file (CMakeLists.txt) is provided.
- To create the Makefile, change to the directory in which you wish to build ddcui and issue the command:
cmake <directory containing CMakeLists.txt>
User arupda has written up notes on building ddcui using QtCreator and CMake. Note that arupda has modified the source to build with an earlier version of Qt.
- If ddcutil is installed from the tarball using command make install, the PKGCONFIG file ddcutil.pc is installed in a subdirectory of /usr/local. Depending on Linux distribution, this subdirectory may or may not be in the default PKGCONFIG search path. For example, on Ubuntu it is in the search path, but on Fedora it is not. To add the relevant path, issue the command:
before running qmake or cmake.
To see the default PKGCONFIG search path, issue the command:
pkg-config --variable pc_path pkg-config