Join GitHub today
So what makes this debugger so special?
- nested debugging
- ability to skip over statements
- ability to modify function return values (often)
- ability to detect (sometimes) a non-local exception that is about to raised before it is raised so you have access to the full call stack.
- display of the current VM PC and VM stack values
- support for fast debugger breakpoints, "step over" and "step out"
- More accurate location information
- access to C parameters in a C call
- memory addresses of C functions (useful in conjunction with gdb)
- seeing and changing event filters dynamically
- context sensitive debugger command completion
- extensive online help formatted via markdown/redcloth so it
- adjusts to your terminal width and has nice formatting syntax highlighting
- stepping granularity control
- smart eval
- ability to go into irb from inside the debugger
- compatibility with gdb commands.
- out-of-process and out-of server debugger control
- disassembly of VM instructions
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.