- Add ability to install modules with hyphens
- Add check for symlink when installing
- Install modules to their name not "full name"
- Add semantic version support
- Fixed documentation formatting.
- Renamed CLI tool and gem to
puppet-module. Please run
gem uninstall pmtto get rid of old versions of the program.
- Added 'usage' action to display the usage information for this tool.
- Added 'changelog' action to display the changelog for this tool.
- Fixed 'generate' action to create files and directories that follow Puppet best-practices.
- Fixed rake tasks so that RSpec isn't required to run those tasks that don't need it.
- Fixed generated dependency metadata so that version and repository values are only set if specified.
- Fixed program so it'd be pure Ruby, it used to depend on the Versionomy library which required compiled extensions.
- Fixed gem builder to no longer install Puppet as a dependency since users can have a non-gem version.
- Added ability to specify username and password credentials for a repository URL, e.g.: http://myuser:firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Improved user documentation, explained different ways to run the program.
- Fixed Rakefile, readded the rspec tasks inadvertantly removed in r0.2.2.
- Fixed builder to extract information about Puppet providers.
- Fixed tool's method for getting the current repository to use Puppet's settings.
- Improved cli_spec, added examples describing how to build a module's checksums, dependencies and Puppet types and providers.
- Improved builder to produce pretty JSON that's easy for a human to read.
- Fixed unpacker to use the private working directory instead of '/tmp'.
- Fixed installer, it now detects if a module is already installed.
- Fixed default repository path to 'http://forge.puppetlabs.com'
- Fixed README's license text to explain that GPLv2 or later is acceptable.
rake gemto build a gem in the 'pkg' directory.
- Fixed license to refer to 'Puppet Labs'.
- Added user documentation to
- Fixed errors causing tool to add unwanted hyphens to ends of names.
- Fixed loading of 'puppet' gem conditionally, instead of failing on startup.
- Fixed startup to create required work directory, instead of failing on startup.
- Fixed repository to use a default repository URL rather than failing without arguments.
- Fixed setting of module's full name to ensure a valid name.
- Fixed generator to refuse to generate a directory with an invalid name.
- Fixed installer to refuse to install a file with an invalid name.
- Fixed unpacker to install into directory with the module's full name.
- Fixed installer to install files from the local filesystem.
- Fixed lookup of tool's root directory to use correct, simple and reliable mechanism.
- Fixed problematic 'autoload' calls and reorganized how libraries are loaded.
- Fixed and expanded README instructions.
- Disabled actions 'freeze', 'register', 'release' and 'unrelease' to save time, users can use the website for these.
- Improved cleaner, it can now be called as a library method.
- Added test suite, brought test code coverage up to 86%.
- Added documentation to most of application's methods, classes, and lightly refactored.
- Added libraries and methods to stub and test methods accessing remote resources.
- Added #tap and #returning methods to clarify code.