FMOD Ex Cinder Block
This Cinder Block is meant to be an easy way to take advantage of the powerful FMOD Ex interactive sound library. Mainly created to be able to play with 3D Sound environments.
The block basically consist of two classes:
- FmodexPlayer is a simple sound player using the Fmod Ex library based on openframeworks ofSoundPlayer.
- Fmodex3DSoundPlayer is a 3D Sound player using the Fmod Ex library created based on the info in the Programming Interactivity book about 3D Sound by Joshua Noble.
- Cinder 0.8.2.
- Mac OSX with xcode.
First clone the repository to the cinder blocks folder:
cd /CINDER_PATH/blocks git clone git://github.com/rogerpala/FMOD-Ex-Cinder-Block.git FMOD-Ex-Cinder-Block
And finally copy the libfmodex.dylib file from:
- basicFmodExSoundPlayer is the most basic one, with a simple example on how to use the FmodexPlayer to affect the speed and pan of a sound.
- FmodEx3DSoundPlayer is a simple example on how to use the Fmodex3DSoundPlayer to create a 3D Sound effect. In fact, to simplify, this example it's a fake 3D sound as we just use a 2D representation of it, but it's a good start.
- FmodExMultiple3DSoundPlayer is an example to show how to use the Fmodex3DSoundPlayer to play multiple 3D Sounds in a 3D space.
- FmodExMultipleDynamic3DSoundPlayer is the same as FmodExMultiple3DSoundPlayer sample but creating the sounds from a dynamic array of sound paths.