System is a pure ruby interface to gather systems information from the current host. System offers a simple to use interface to gather an array of information including; OS, CPU, Filesystem etc.
- Version 0.1.0 - Very basic information only
After this it should be just a gem to install. For those of you with old rubygems versions first:
gem install gemcutter # These two steps are only necessary if you haven't gem tumble # yet installed the gemcutter tools
Otherwise and after it's simply:
gem install system
Then your ready to rock and roll. :)
Heres a few little examples of using system within your programs.
require 'rubygems' require 'system' HostSystem::os # => Current OS as a symbol i.e. :windows, :linux, :osx, :bsd, :darwin, :solaris HostSystem::jruby? # => Are we running on jruby?
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Roja Buck. See LICENSE for details.