Thank you for downloading wger Workout Manager. Workout Manager is a free, open source web application that manages your exercises, workouts, weight and diet plans. It also offers a REST API for easy integration with other projects. It is written with python/django and uses jQuery and some D3js for charts.
For more details and a live system, refer to the project's site: https://wger.de/
These are the basic steps to download the application from PyPI and get it running. There are more detailed installation instructions (e.g. for development) on https://wger.de/software/code
- Install the necessary packages and their dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install python-virtualenv $ sudo apt-get install python-dev $ virtualenv python-django $ source python-django/bin/activate $ pip install wger
- Start the application. This will create a SQlite database and populate it with data on the first run
- Log in as: admin, password admin
The available options for the wger command are
Usage: main.py [options] Run wger Workout Manager using django's builtin server Options: -h, --help show this help message and exit -a ADDRESS, --address=ADDRESS IP Address to listen on. -p PORT, --port=PORT Port to listen on. --syncdb Update/create database before starting the server. --reset-admin Make sure the user 'admin' exists and uses 'admin' as password. -s SETTINGS, --settings=SETTINGS Path to the wger configuration file. --no-reload Do not reload the development server. --version Show version and exit. --show-config Show configuration paths and exit.
Feel free to contact us if you found this useful or if there was something that didn't behave as you expected (in this case you can also open a ticket on the issue tracker).
- twitter: https://twitter.com/wger_de
- mailing list: https://groups.google.com/group/wger / firstname.lastname@example.org, no registration needed
- IRC: channel #wger on freenode.net, webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=wger
- issue tracker: https://github.com/rolandgeider/wger/issues
All the code and the content is freely available:
- Main repository: GIT, https://github.com/rolandgeider/wger
- Mirror: HG, https://bitbucket.org/rolandgeider/wger
The application is licenced under the Affero GNU General Public License 3 or later (AGPL 3+).
The initial exercise and ingredient data is licensed additionally under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA 3.0)
The YAML CSS framework is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 License (CC-BY 2.0)
Some images where taken from Wikipedia, see the SOURCES file in their respective folders for more details.