Base Wordpress Theme for UCF Marketing
Simple theme which includes some of the most common theme elements found in most of the wordpress sites we do. Includes mechanisms to easily add styles and scripts through the built-in wordpress functions.
- functions.php - Includes base code, custom post types, and shortcodes. This should also be where Config::$links, Config::$scripts, Config::$styles, and Config::$metas should be defined. See base theme's functions.php for examples.
- functions-base.php - Where functions and classes used throughout the theme are defined.
- shortcodes.php - Where wordpress shortcodes can be defined. See example shortcode for more information.
- custom-post-types.php - Where the abstract custom post type and all its descendants live.
Since this theme wasn't really built to function like a separate library to use in future themes, and more of a starting point for those themes, the best usage of this repo might be to add it as a remote to new wordpress projects. Then you can merge from that remote as you wish to keep the current theme up to date.
So when setting up a new project, create an empty repo, setup the remote to this repo, and merge it into the new repo creating the base theme. Then make your edits from there.
Custom Post Types
- Slideshow - All top level elements contained within will be displayed as a slideshow. Arguments controlling transition timing and animations are available.