A low-cost Digital Volt-Meter (DVM) using an Arduino and Raspberry Pi zero with a browser interface.
I've described the project in a series of three blog posts. Start here.
- An Arduino Uno. (Other models would work; I've tested it with a Nano.)
- A Raspberry Pi zero W or a full-size Pi, with Raspbian Stretch and WiFi set up or a wired (Ethernet) connection.
- A cable or cables to connect the Arduino to the USB port on the Pi.
- A power source for the Pi and a cable to connect it.
- A computer with a browser connected to the same network as the Pi.
- On the Arduino, install dvm.ino from this repository
- On the Pi,
Download the zip file from GitHub.
Change to the newly created directory:
If you've changed the Raspberry Pi's hostname, edit
index.htmlto reflect the current hostname.
./websocketd --port=8080 --staticdir=. ./read-dvm.py
- In your browser, open
raspberrypi:8080(or use whatever hostname you chose for the Pi)
If you hit problems, please raise an issue on GitHub.
If you have questions, I'm @rareblog on Twitter.