Enhanced pianobar for OS X
This is rolle's awesome fork of pianobar settings for OS X.
- Notifies songs played with pianobar
- Loved songs in Pandora are automatically Loved songs in Last.fm when marked loved
- Displays currently playing album art in notification
- Scrobbles playing songs to Last.fm in real time and permanently when played 50% of the song
- Displays info about changing stations, displays station name in notification
- Mac OS X Media keys support
- Displays lyrics while playing from LyricWiki
- terminal-notifier - Send User Notifications on Mac OS X 10.8 from the command-line.
- pylast (important: You will need the latest version, install with
easy_install pylast, not
- pianobar - pianobar is a free/open-source, console-based client for the personalized online radio Pandora.
- python (
brew install python)
- pync (
pip install pync)
- Install requirements
- Clone this repo and move everything to
#tls_fingerprint = 2D0AFDAFA16F4B5C0A43F3CB1D4752F9535507C0 user = firstname.lastname@example.org password = YouReXtraHardPassWORd control_proxy = http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:80 event_command = /Users/yourusername/.config/pianobar/events.py # Get working proxies (if outside USA): http://proxylist.hidemyass.com/search-1303410#listable # With response times: http://www.gatherproxy.com/proxylist/country/?c=United%20States # My personal favorite: # Uptime: 1463/36, response times: 14ms control_proxy = http://18.104.22.168:80
events.pyand fill in the Last.fm variables at the top of the script.
- Make sure everything is executable by
cd ~/.config/pianobar && sudo chmod +x *.py && sudo chmod +x *.sh && sudo chmod +x *.rb
- Create album for covers
mkdir -p ~/.config/pianobar/.covers
- To add Mac media keys support, setup PianoKeys (Note: If you use Mac OS X Sierra, please use this alias:
alias pianobar='osascript -e '"'"'tell application "Terminal" to do script "pianokeys"'"'"' && pianobar', see Issue #10)
If Last.fm happens to be down, pianobar won't load any music. You should disable
event_command line during the downtime or wait it out.
If you don't get any notifications or scrobbles, try
which python and change the first line from your events.py to the path, for example: