Roomstorm Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of Terms
Roomstorm may change this TOS from time to time. If we do this, we will post the changes to this TOS on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Service user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new TOS.
2. Description of Service
Roomstorm enables authorized individuals seeking hotel accommodations (an Individual) and businesses such as hotels, airlines, and other businesses in need of arranging hotel accommodations for a customer (such business, a Business User, and such customer, a Distressed Guest) to easily find or be matched with hotels (the Winning Hotel) that can accommodate the Distressed Guest, all through a single platform. The Service includes:
- The roomstorm.com website
- Platform for Business Users (B2B App)
- Platform for Individuals (B2C App)
- Communication services (email, text and voice)
- Any software, data, reports, texts, images, video and audio content made available through the foregoing (collectively referred to as the Content)
Any new features added to or augmenting the Service are also subject to this TOS.
Roomstorm does not itself provide hotel accommodations, and Roomstorm is not a hotel. Roomstorm offers information and a method to connect Individuals and Business Users with hotels, but does not and does not intend to provide hotel accommodations, and has no responsibility or liability for any hotel accommodation or reservation obtained by any hotel or provided by any hotel using the services. Roomstorm does not guarantee the availability of any booking made through the site or services.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this TOS, you may access and use the Service only for lawful purposes. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components will remain with and belong exclusively to Roomstorm. You shall not display, distribute, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, time share or otherwise make the Service available to any third party or, except as expressly permitted herein, use the Service on behalf of a third party. You shall comply with any codes of conduct, policies or other notices Roomstorm provides you or publishes in connection with the Service, and you shall promptly notify Roomstorm if you learn of a security breach related to the Service.
3. Access and Use of the Service
In addition to (and without limiting the generality of) the other terms and conditions of this TOS, you hereby agree to comply with Roomstorm’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), as described in this section. You will not use the Service to (or assist another person to):
- email or otherwise upload any content that:
- infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party
- you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, contests, sweepstakes, or any other form of solicitation
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- in the sole judgment of Roomstorm, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose Roomstorm or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service, or
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- solicit personal information from or otherwise collect information regarding anyone under the age of 18
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities, or
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
Further, if you are a Winning Hotel, you agree not to seek alternate accommodations for any Individual or Distressed Guest, whether through the Service or otherwise, without Roomstorm’s prior written consent.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Roomstorm for use in accessing the Service. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved and no license or right to use any trademark of Roomstorm or any third party is granted to you in connection with the Service.
You are solely responsible for all software, videos, images, audio, data, information, reviews, feedback, suggestions, text, content and other materials that you upload, post, deliver, publish, provide or otherwise link, transmit or store (hereafter post(ing)) in connection with or relating to the Service (Your Content). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, password and account and for all activities that occur under your login or account. Roomstorm reserves the right to access your account in order to respond to your requests for technical support. By posting Your Content on or through the Service, You hereby do and shall grant Roomstorm a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, publish and perform Your Content in connection with the Service. Roomstorm has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Service, Content, or Your Content. You further agree that Roomstorm may remove or disable any Content at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content), or for no reason at all.
You understand that the operation of the Service, including Your Content, may be unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices; and (c) transmission to Roomstorm’s third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and maintain the Service. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of Your Content. Roomstorm will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use of any of Your Content, or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Your Content.
The failure of Roomstorm to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this TOS shall not be a waiver of that right. You acknowledge that this TOS is a contract between you and Roomstorm, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you and Roomstorm, and it governs your use of the Service and takes the place of any prior agreements between you and Roomstorm. If any provision of this TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this TOS remain in full force and effect.
Except if you are an Individual, Roomstorm reserves the right to use your name and/or company name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on Roomstorm’s website and in other communications with existing or potential Roomstorm customers. To decline providing Roomstorm with this right, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
Roomstorm partners with multiple companies in order to provide The Service and in some cases your compliance with their terms of service may be needed. A comprehensive list of those companies and use cases is provided below:
When the inventory is provided by EAN (the name of the provider is stated on the confirmation), by accepting this TOS you also agree to accept the following terms: http://travel.ian.com/index.jsp?pageName=userAgreement&locale=en_US&cid=496984
4. External Content
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. Roomstorm has no control over such sites and resources and Roomstorm is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Roomstorm will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that Roomstorm is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
You acknowledge that Roomstorm reserves the right to charge for any portion of the Service and to change its fees (if any) from time to time in its discretion. If any fees are applicable, you agree to pay all fees when due in accordance with the terms set forth in the Service. You may be required to provide Roomstorm information regarding your credit card or other payment instrument. You represent and warrant to Roomstorm that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. If you dispute any charges you must let Roomstorm know within sixty days after the date that Roomstorm charges you. Roomstorm may choose to bill through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued in any given month must be received by Roomstorm thirty days after the mailing date of the invoice, or the Services may be terminated. Unpaid invoices are subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection. You shall be responsible for all taxes associated with Services other than U.S. taxes based on Roomstorm’s net income.
8. Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant to Roomstorm that
- you have full power and authority to enter into this TOS
- you own all Your Content or have obtained all permissions, releases, rights or licenses required to engage in your posting and other activities (and allow Roomstorm to perform its obligations) in connection with the Services without obtaining any further releases or consents
- Your Content and other activities in connection with the Service, and Roomstorm’s exercise of all rights and license granted by you herein, do not and will not violate, infringe, or misappropriate any third party’s copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity, or other personal or proprietary right, nor does Your Content contain any matter that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortious, offensive or harassing
- you are eighteen (18) years of age or older
You have the right to terminate your account at any time in accordance with the procedures set forth on the Site. Roomstorm reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof), and refuse any and all current and future use of the Service, suspend or terminate your account (any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any of Your Content in the Service, for any reason, including if Roomstorm believes that you have violated this TOS. Roomstorm shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service. Roomstorm will use good faith efforts to contact you to warn you prior to suspension or termination of your account by Roomstorm. All of Your Content on the Service (if any) may be permanently deleted by Roomstorm upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion. However, all accrued rights to payment and the terms of Sections 4 and 6-16 shall survive termination of this TOS.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Service, including the Site and Content, and all server and network components are provided on an as is and as available basis without any warranties of any kind, and Roomstorm expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You acknowledge that Roomstorm does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or virus-free, nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may by obtained from use of the services, including without limitation the quality or nature of any accommodations or that any booking will result in accommodations for an Individual or Distressed Guest, and no information, advice or services obtained by you from Roomstorm or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this TOS.
11. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) shall Roomstorm be liable to you or any third party for (a) any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential or punitive damages, including lost profits, lost sales or business, lost data or business interruption, (b) for any direct damages, costs, losses or liabilities in excess of the fees actually paid by you in the six months preceding the event giving rise to your claim or, if no fees apply, one hundred US dollars; or (c) any matter beyond its reasonable control (including without limitation, the failure of any booking to result in accommodations, or the quality, nature or cancellation of any accommodations made as a result of any booking). The provisions of this section allocate the risks under this TOS between the parties, and the parties have relied on these limitations in determining whether to enter into this TOS.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. In these states, Roomstorm’s liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
12. Indemnification and Release
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Roomstorm from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this TOS, any of Your Content, or your other access, contribution to, use or misuse of the Service. Roomstorm shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or demand. Roomstorm reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting Roomstorm’s defense of such matter. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor. If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
At Roomstorm’s or your election, all disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to this TOS or the Service that are not resolved by mutual agreement may be resolved by binding arbitration to be conducted before JAMS, or its successor. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, arbitration will be held in San Francisco, California before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, or if the parties cannot mutually agree, a single arbitrator appointed by JAMS, and will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by JAMS unless specifically modified in this TOS. The arbitration must commence within forty-five (45) days of the date on which a written demand for arbitration is filed by either party. The arbitrator’s decision and award will be made and delivered within sixty days of the conclusion of the arbitration and within six months of the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitrator will not have the power to award damages in excess of the limitation on actual compensatory, direct damages set forth in this TOS and may not multiply actual damages or award punitive damages or any other damages that are specifically excluded under this TOS, and each party hereby irrevocably waives any claim to such damages. The arbitrator may, in his or her discretion, assess costs and expenses (including the reasonable legal fees and expenses of the prevailing part) against any party to a proceeding. Any party refusing to comply with an order of the arbitrators will be liable for costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by the other party in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, any party may proceed in court without prior arbitration for the purpose of avoiding immediate and irreparable harm. The provisions of this arbitration section will be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
You may not assign this TOS without the prior written consent of Roomstorm, but Roomstorm may assign or transfer this TOS, in whole or in part, without restriction.
15. Governing Law
This TOS shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. Unless otherwise elected by Roomstorm in a particular instance, you hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located within San Francisco, California for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to your access to or use of the Service not subject to arbitration, as set forth above. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or this TOS must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the DMCA) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. Roomstorm will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Roomstorm’s Copyright Agent at email@example.com in writing and contain the following information:
- subject line: DMCA Takedown Request*
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site
- your address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner‘s behalf.
If you believe that the relevant Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use such Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal courts located within the Northern District of California and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Roomstorm will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Roomstorm’s sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Roomstorm has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Roomstorm's sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Roomstorm may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.