Microprinter Arduino library, Java and Ruby API
- microprinter_sketch.pde - an arduino sketch
- Microprinter.java - a java class to communicate with the arduino
- Microprinter.rb - a ruby class to communicate with the arduino
- Microprinter_debug.rb - ruby class which prints to console rather than printer
- ImageMicroprinter.rb - a subclass of Microprinter which can print images
- microbroker-sinatra - sinatra app
Ben O'Steen has a Python port of the library.
In no particular order, some things to be done:
- add code to manage
- check RSS feeds and print new items as they appear
Examples: twitter, latest links on pinboard.in, latest instapaper items…
- re-integrate debug library into microprinter.rb - pipe serial messages to console for debugging and automated testing.
- format the RSS feed item printout to shorten the URL and print properly so that it can be OCR'd with Google Goggles
Also, I want a pony
Some todo items that may or may not end up being useful, feasible or even interesting.
/do something useful, like display a form that you can feed printable items into.
- add some kind of polling behavior for specified feeds
- integrate tom taylor's microprinter-over-ethernet-shield setup, so you can use this sinatra app with one or the other?
- bookmarklet for printing locally