- Clone the git repo -
git clone git://github.com/retlehs/roots.git- or download it
- Reference the theme activation documentation to understand everything that happens once you activate Roots
lib/config.php to enable or disable support for various theme functions and to define constants that are used throughout the theme.
lib/init.php to setup custom navigation menus and post thumbnail sizes.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents.
- HTML5 Boilerplate’s markup and
- Bootstrap from Twitter
- Theme wrapper
- Root relative URLs
- Clean URLs (no more
- All static theme assets are rewritten to the website root (
- Cleaner HTML output of navigation menus
- Cleaner output of
wp_headand enqueued scripts/styles
- Posts use the hNews microformat
- Multilingual ready (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Macedonian, Finnish, Danish, Turkish, Swedish, Bulgarian, Norwegian, Catalan, Polish, Hungarian, Russian)
Everyone is welcome to help contribute and improve this project. There are several ways you can contribute:
- Reporting issues (please read issue guidelines)
- Suggesting new features
- Writing or editing docs
- Writing or refactoring code
- Fixing issues
- Replying to questions on the Google Group