An interface to the Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS)
- ITIS API Docs: https://www.itis.gov/ws_description.html
- Solr service: https://www.itis.gov/solr_documentation.html
- taxize book: https://taxize.dev/
- ritis docs: https://docs.ropensci.org/ritis/
How to cite ITIS. From https://itis.gov/citation.html
To cite data obtained from ITIS, the following citation format is offered as a suggestion:
Retrieved [month, day, year], from the Integrated Taxonomic Information System on-line database, http://www.itis.gov.
ITIS is one of many different taxonomic data sources. Other include: Catalogue of Life (and COL+), NCBI taxonomy, International Plant Names Index, Index Fungorum, and more. The Wikipedia entry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Taxonomic_Information_System) states that ITIS has a North American focus, but includes many taxa not in North America.
- "mononomial": a taxonomic name with one part, e.g, Poa
- "binomial": a taxonomic name with two parts, e.g, Poa annua
- "trinomial": a taxonomic name with three parts, e.g, Poa annua annua
Stable, CRAN version