Text Analysis Package Developers' Workshop, 20-21 April 2018
Where: Center for Data Science, New York University, 60 5th Avenue, Room 150 this map.
- 9-10:00 Introductions (Everyone introduces him/herself, describes package(s), objectives and interests). Max 4-5 mins each, including one slide added to the Google Slides intro slide deck. (Link via email.)
- 10:00-11:00 Roundtable 1: NLP
- 11:00-11:15 Coffee break
- 11:15-12:00 Roundtable 2: User's Corner
- 12:00-12:45 Roundtable 3: Interoperability
- 12:45-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30-14:00 Prep for hackathon issues
- 14:00-15:30 Working sessions/hackathon
- 15:30-15:45 Coffee break
- 15:45-17:00 Working sessions/hackathon
- 17:00-18:00 Roundtable 4: Deep Learning
- 18:30- Dinner on site
- 9:30-10:00 from
__future__import (Everyone shares what they are working on now or in the near future, outside the workshop).
- 10:00-10:15 Coffee break
- 10:15-11:00 Demos
- 11:00-12:00 Sneak previews: Work in progress
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-13:30 Wish lists
- 13:30-14:30 Working sessions/hackathon
- 14:30-14:45 Coffee break
- 14:45-15:45 Working sessions/hackathon
- 15:45-17:30 Working groups present results, identify future goals, etc.
The idea of a roundtable is to get a set of 3-6 people working a lot in this area to identify the issues, spark a discussion and debate to identify the issues, and get the conversation flowing. From these will arise points to work on in Day 2. Everyone is assigned somewhere.
Chairs: We could ask one participant to lead discussion in each session.