Patch pebble's apk to support RTL languages
How to contribute?
Currently I document the open issues here, if there'll be enough of them - we'll move to something more managed :)
- Sentences beginning with RTL text are wrong (should be resolved by passing the default orientation to the Bidi class and resolving the crashes that will arise)
- Line splitting by word separator (currently dumb)
- Line splitting by actual character width (currently dumb)
- Line splitting by font size (requires extra research)
- Try to align text to the right by padding with spaces
- RTL canned responsed (currently they're LTR)
- Python 2.7
- Android SDK
- I tested it on a Linux machine but you should be able to compile on a Mac too
How to build RTL apk
$ git clone https://github.com/rosenpin/pebble-rtl
$ cd pebble-rtl
playground-app/local.properties and change
sdk.dir to your SDK directory
What to change?
Open the playground-app in Android Studio
- To improve RTL logic, change TextReverser class
- To improve the protocol parsing, change ModifierOutputStream
After changing the code:
- run "build-pg-app.sh"
- run "unpack-pg-app.sh"
- run "unpack-pebble-app.sh"
- run python2.7 auto_patcher.py (defaults are good, but check out --help)
- run "generate-apk.sh"
- your home baked apk is at output-apks/bla.apk, not sorry for the name :)
The patch is supposed to be automatic, but it was never tested :)
In this version - the file to patch is: com/getpebble/android/b/c/e.smali