documentation or check out the forumRead the
ROSWire is a Python library for static and dynamic analysis of containerised Robot Operating System (ROS) applications. Given a Docker image, ROSWire provides an interface for statically querying the application (e.g., by automatically discovering its types, packages, messages, service, actions, etc.), as well as an interface for dynamically generating and interacting with instances of that application in the form of Docker containers (e.g., service calls, bag recording, topic publishing and subscribing, catkin builds, etc.).
- Does not require ROS to be installed on your machine.
- Supports most ROS distributions out of the box (e.g., Groovy, Indigo, Kinetic, Melodic).
- Package Discovery: finds all ROS packages within a Docker image.
- Definition Discovery: finds and parses all message, service and action formats into readable data structures.
- Message Serialisation: converts ROS messages from YAML or binary to readable data structures and vice versa.
- Bag Manipulation: efficiently parses rosbag files, which can then be inspected, manipulated, and saved to disk.
- Bag Playback: safely replay bag files inside containers.
For code formatting, we now use black. To install black:
$ pip install black
Before checking code in, black should be run to reformat the code. To run black:
$ black -l 79 src test
This will reformat your code in src and test, with the maximum line length set to 79 (the PEP8 standard length)
roswire requires Python 3.6+
To avoid interfering with the rest of your system (i.e., to avoid Python's equivalent of DLL hell), we strongly recommend that ROSWire is installed within a virtualenv or pipenv (pipenv is preferred).
From within the virtual environment (i.e., the virtualenv or pipenv), the latest stable release of ROSWire on PyPI can be installed via:
(roswire) $ pip install roswire
ROSWire can also be installed from source:
$ git clone email@example.com:ChrisTimperley/roswire roswire $ cd roswire $ pipenv shell (roswire) $ pip install .