Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Summary of HDF5 parallel features
This table sums up what is and is not possible with concurrent accesses on HDF5 files using the h5py library.
- P: possible? yes/no/MPI required/...
- F: fast? yes/no/serial/multicore/...
- LC: limitation causes? h5py/GIL/libhdf5/...
- R: all processes/threads open the file in read-only mode.
- W: all processes/threads open the file in write-only mode.
- RW: some processes/threads read, others write.
|opened in||access mode||reading||writing|
|one process, multiple threads||R|